Monday, May 4, 2009

Ballroom

The past 2 months I've been teaching a ballroom class Tuesday and Thursday mornings. This past Saturday I took 22 couples to a Jr. High Ballroom competition. I was apprehensive because my students would be competing against kids who took ballroom as an actual class for a year or semester and were competing for a grade. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. There were about 30 couples who competed in Cha-Cha. When it got down to the final 6 couples 1/2 of them were mine!!! We ended up with 6th, 4th, and 2nd in that dance! WOW!! In Fox Trot there were about 15 couples competing. We took 8th and 6th. I was proud of the kids! It's been a fun experience (though I am glad I get to sleep in an extra 1/2 hour again!!!).

2 comments:

Ryan and Renee said...

That is so cool. I didn't know you knew how to do that. You are so talented!

marie said...

Is there any end to your many talents? I am so impressed!