Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chocolate Protien Anyone?


One of the science teachers at my school brought us cupcakes on Monday. They were quite tasty! It wasn't until after we ate them that he informed us we had just had our protein fix for the day-yep, that's right-protein!!
He took a can of black beans. You drain and rinse them. Then, you put them back in the can and fill the can with water. Pour the beans and water into the blender and blend. Pour that tasty looking mixture in with a box of chocolate cake mix and bake. NO oil, No eggs-that's it. Beans, water, and mix. He said he did add about 3/4 tsp of baking powder but that it's not necessary. Cool huh!!!
You can supposedly do this with brownies, white cake, cookies, etc. You just choose a bean that is the same color as your mix so your kids won't know the difference!
Yeah for BEANS!!!

3 comments:

Vinyl Masterpiece said...

I know you can sub beans in for oil, but I didn't know you can sub them in for the eggs too. I will try this.

DAVID BOREN said...

Wow Mel! That's really cool! I can't wait to try it! Have fun in Arizona!

The Atomic Mom said...

Ok, so this is going to be my new BFF for the summer...I love cupcakes, no really I do!