Monday, June 14, 2010

Keeping Busy

I've been keeping fairly busy this past week. I've gotten a lot of weeding done. Minni (the cat) has obviously been lacking in human love; she likes to jump on my back when I'm bent over- making weeding very difficult. Sometimes she even drapes herself across my neck like a fur stole!


I decided the back beds needed more height so I added an arbor. Dad and Stephen were reticent but they were still very nice and helped me. We gathered wood from the back forest and when we went on a hike last week we brought some wood out with us! I've planted some English Ivy and a Clematis to climb up it.



Mom decided to make the sewing room into a play room (great idea!) and I made some paper flowers to hang from the ceiling-very fun!


Other than that, I ran a 5K up in Bonners Ferry Saturday. I did NOT get my best time (29:59 instead of 22:something). It was still fun, though. The best part was the huckleberry shake on the way home. Mmmm, the Elmira store knows how to make those things! I've been working on creating a Peter Pan script (time consuming but interesting) and...that's about it except the usual-lots of digging in the dirt and reading!!! I love summer!

4 comments:

Matt and Dianna said...

Nice job on the arbor. I'm sure it will look really nice with the vines growing up it. We can't wait to be up there with you guys in July (although Dianna wants to go up there sooner...)

marie said...

Beautiful arbor. Its good to take long naps and nice to hear you are getting a break. Enjoy your lovely summer!!

Ryan and Renee said...

Love you Mel!

emily, etc, etc said...

I love the arbor! You are amazing. Also, I just read your post on reading the 5 Love Languages - I have to tell you that I am really impressed by your honesty and willingness to grow. It takes a great and caring person to be able to really look at herself and evaluate and then try and become better. I think you are great!